Thursday, March 17, 2011

A backpack in the making...

So my nephew's birthday is coming up and I figured why not make him a little bag. He'll be one. We got my son's first backpack when he was about one so he could start carrying his own crap plus lugging around my diaper bag was getting over rated and heavy! So now he has this little back pack that he stuffs with diapers, wipes, toys, and fruit snacks.

But anyways, back to my project. So I googled toddler backpack sewing patterns and found this awesome one at "That Crafty Mrs. V" blog. I'd like to add a pocket to the front. I 'll have to think about that for bit because I tried to add pockets to my first bag and I ended up with things that looked like oven mitts. They were not included in my bag, but now my son has more things to shove his hand in.

So as I was looking for fabrics for this cute little back pack, I started
thinking, I can't just make my nephew a bag, my son has to have one too and so does my best friend's unborn baby! So now I have 3 bags to make.
I love kawaii fabrics so I went straight to Etsy and searched in their Supplies section and I found the coolest print for these bags. I might do each bag a little different, like one will be just the kawaii fabric, and then maybe I'll throw in some plain color fabric for the other bags to break up the pattern. I don't want to push my love for kawaii on people who think its weird. The fabric also comes in different colors too so that's something else to ponder.

Oh yeah and crazy neurotic me, I just placed my order for my own labels, like I'm a popular brand or something....whatever...whoo hooo! Kei Vahns is now official.

2 comments:

  1. wicked cute kim :) Love the mix of patterns and bright colors. Good job girl!

    ReplyDelete