Friday, March 25, 2011

Who is Kei Vahns?



Kei Vahns is my alter ego.  (Check out Derek Blanks' Alter Ego Portfolio...love him)  I think every woman should have one for when she gets stuck in a rut, you know the times when you need that extra push to wash your hair after a long stressful day, the times when you've realized that your eyebrows has turned into caterpillars that are eating your face and you're in dire need of a recolor for your hair.  Kei Vahns is there to save me.  She sweeps in when I have no more energy to do anything.  She whispers in my ear, "you look like sh*t, do something about it."  She gives me the extra comfort to wear 5 inch heels all day long and the strength to not topple over in them.  She is the fashion in me.  She throws my reasoning against buying an overpriced bag or shoes out the door and says "just get them, you deserve it and you'll look fabulous with it".  Kei Vahns is my brand, a brand with no products, lol...yet.

In my heart, I've always loved fashion, designing, and creating.  I rocked in jewelry class in highschool and was featured in a gallery and people actually bought my stuff.  But the reasoning in my head told me that this was just a hobby, something to enjoy, not something to rely on to pay my bills.  I have to go to college, I have to be in business because working with money makes you money.  So I've done all that because that's what I was suppose to do.  I feel that along the way, I've lost touch of my creativity and the need to show the world what I can make with my own hands.  I've lived vicariously thru America's Next Top Model, Project Runway, Life in the Fab Lane, The Rachel Zoe Project, and Kell on Earth (People's Revolution) to just name a few, thinking how great these people were because they were in fashion and loving it.  I wasn't dreaming of being a model, I was dreaming of creation.

So I put my foot down and grabbed the reigns to my future and decided to learn how to sew (step 1, lol).  Thanks to Mikala Cash, I've been able to actually use a sewing machine and sew some things together.  I'm still a newbie but I'm a big dreamer so I'm going to run with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment