Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Maia's Doggie Collar


Maia is my Mini Bulldog. And yes, her nails are painted pink and purple in the pictures above.  I've been getting her a new collar every month to match the changing holiday decorations. When I change the kitchen towels and the window stickies, I change her collar too.  I consider her part of our seasonal decorations. So anyways I've been looking for an Easter/Spring collar for her and I can't find one that I like. The store bought ones are boring and as much as I love Etsy, I couldn't pull myself into buying one because I figured I could just make one.

I had gone to the fabric store yesterday afternoon to get some fabric, the buckle, and the D-ring for the collar. So when I got home, I made her a collar. An hour and a bunch of "time-outs" for my son later, the collar was complete. I didn't bother putting on the hardware to adjust the collar because I obviously know my dog's neck measurement, honestly though, I couldn't figure it out, lol. I was trying to hurry up and get it done before my husband got home. So unless Maia gains her weight around her neck, I think she will be alright.

1 comment: